- Little Rock School District
Hall High Goes Full STEAM Ahead for 2020
(January 21, 2020) The Little Rock School District announced some exciting and innovative plans for Hall High School for the 2020 school year. You may recall, Hall recently underwent a name change, designating it as a magnet high school. The magnet school designation will allow students throughout the district to choose to attend Hall.
LRSD Superintendent Mike Poore was joined by Arkansas Secretary of Education Johnny Key, City of Little Rock Chief Education Officer Dr. Jay Barth and Chamber of Commerce Executive Vice President James Reddish, as they shared information about the proposed STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) programming aimed at meeting students' interests while also preparing them for college and career. The Ford Next Generation Learning model will also be a part of the new programming.
The framework for the curriculum was presented, but students, parents, and faculty will also have an opportunity weigh in on course offerings.
To help facilitate registration and discuss options, staff from the LRSD Student Registration Office will be on site at Hall, Wednesday - Friday, January 22-24, 2020, from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. to visit with students and parents.
Meantime, below you will find the PowerPoint presentation shared during Tuesday's announcement, followed by some frequently asked questions.
LR Hall STEAM Magnet FAQ
- My upcoming 9th grader wants to attend LR Hall STEAM Magnet, what do I need to do? Do I need to apply? All upcoming 9th grade students interested in attending LR Hall STEAM Magnet will need to apply at www.lrsd.org/register.
- Can anyone apply to go to LR Hall STEAM Magnet? Yes! Any current LRSD high school student can apply to attend LR Hall STEAM Magnet at www.lrsd.org/register.
- How will transportation be provided if my child is accepted into LR Hall STEAM Magnet? Transportation is provided for all speciality and magnet schools.
- I live in the old Hall attendance zone, does my child still need to apply to go there? No, If your child is currently attending Hall high school there is no need to apply. However, if they are new to the old Hall attendance zone, they WILL need to apply at www.lrsd.org/register.
- What are my upcoming 9th grade child’s magnet choices/pathways at LR Hall STEAM Magnet? 9th grade students entering Hall will have the option of choosing three magnet career pathways: Computer Applications, Media Arts, and Medical Practices/Healthcare.
- My child is currently attending Hall. What are my options for the 2020-21 school year? They can remain at LR Hall STEAM Magnet without doing anything, OR, they can apply for Central, LR Southwest, Parkview or LR West School of Innovation at www.lrsd.org/register.
- My child is currently enrolled in another high school in LRSD. If I want them to attend LR Hall STEAM Magnet for the 2020-21 school year, are they eligible? If so, how do they apply? Yes! They will need to apply at www.lrsd.org/register.