The Little Rock School District Athletic Foundation honored six new members who were inducted into the LRSD OneRock Legend Hall of Fame, Tuesday, May 9, 2023. The annual event celebrates notable LRSD alums whose contributions have had a lasting impact on the community. The Class of 2022 inductees includes:
- Eddie Bradford - LR Central High;1951 Tiger graduate and member of the "25 Little Pigs" Razorback team who won the 1954 Southwest Conference Football Championship
- Alfred Flanigan - Retired longtime legendary Dunbar Middle and Parkview High coach; won 11 middle/junior high championships and seven high school titles
- Lahoma Howard - Veteran educator and coach; won four state championship titles and brought home the conference championship trophy ten times
- Dennis Nutt - 1981 LR Central graduate; earned first-team All-Southwest Conference honors as a member of the Texas Christian University team in 1985 and played professionally for seven years
- Houston Nutt, Sr., Posthumously - Led a legendary coaching career that spanned 31 years at the Arkansas School for the Deaf and played for the gold-medal American Association for the Deaf basketball team in Italy; contributed to and supported LRSD athletic/educational programs throughout his lifetime
- Derek Russell - Graduate of LR Central High, where he quarterbacked the Tigers to a state title; following a stellar football and track career at the U-of-A, drafted to the Denver Broncos, where he played for four years
A special thanks to Rene Julian and First Community Bank for their generous sponsorship of the luncheon. Proceeds support the work of the LRSD Athletic Foundation, including providing funding toward the 6th and Goal sports programs at LRSD.
KATV sports anchor Steve Sullivan has served as emcee for the Hall of Fame luncheon since the program's inception.