- Alternative Learning Environment | Hamilton Learning Academy
- Welcome to Alternative Learning Environment | Hamilton Learning Academy
Return to Headlines
LRSD Announces Hall Staffing Changes for Current and 2021-22 School Year
Following a unanimous vote during a special board meeting on Wednesday, March 31, 2021, the Little Rock School District announced the following staffing changes:
- Amy Cooper assigned as K-12 Principal, Forest Heights STEM K-8/Hall STEAM Magnet High School - Effective July 1, 2021
- April Rike assigned as Interim Principal, Hall STEAM Magnet High School - Effective April 1, 2021
- Dr. Mark Roberts appointed as ESSER Monitoring and Report Director - Effective April 1, 2021
Cooper will succeed Dr. Roberts who will assume his new role immediately. Roberts will be responsible for the oversight and monitoring of LRSD’s use of allocated Elementary and Secondary School Relief (ESSER) funding. Under the ESSER Fund, local districts will receive additional financial support to address the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. Dr. Roberts will also help provide technical assistance, training, guidance and support to schools for meeting federal monitoring/reporting requirements.
Current Hall Assistant Principal April Rike will serve as interim principal during the transition in school leadership. A veteran educator with more than two decades of experience at the elementary and secondary levels, Rike began her career with LRSD in 1999 as a career and technical educator.
Cooper began her teaching career with LRSD in 2005 and has worked in a variety of roles, serving as teacher, counselor, specialist, assistant principal, and most recently, principal at Forest Heights STEM Academy - since 2017. She brings a wealth of educational experience to her new position, which will help make a seamless transition for students currently attending Forest Heights who may wish to continue their high school education at Hall.
Among other personnel actions, the board accepted the retirement recommendation for Parkview Principal James Castleberry and the resignation of Deputy Superintendent Dr. Jeremy Owoh. The District thanks both for their service and wishes them well in their future endeavors.