"Whatever It Takes, Our Kids Are Worth It!"
Bale Elementary School encourages students to make good choices and exhibit strong character traits by having high expectations for everyone on campus. Bale Elementary uses the AR State Standards to prepare each student to be college and career ready in math, literacy and science.
Our school mascot is the BOBCATS, which stands for: Believing Our Boys and girls Can Achieve Tremendous Success!
Our School Mission: The mission of Bale Elementary School is to establish an innovative learning community in which all stakeholders are safe, nurtured, engaged, and highly valued. This will be accomplished by incorporating science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics into our daily curriculum. We will empower our students to be intrinsically motivated learners and highly productive members of society.
Bale School Creed:
I am Respectful
I am On task
I am Ambitious
I am Responsible
I am a ROARing Bale BOBCAT!!!
Bale Elementary is named for Hardin Bale, who served as a school Board member from 1932-41. Mr. Bale was a well-known Little Rock businessman and civic leader; in 1912 he formed the Shoemaker-Bale Company, which was a Ford dealership. In 1948, the business evolved into Bale Chevrolet Company. The West Little Rock dealership is still operated by members of the Bale family.
These are just a few of the special program available to the students of Bale:
- Accelerated Reader Program - Accelerated Reader is a computer based program which provides incentives and motivation for students and encourages reading for comprehension and enjoyment.
- 21st Century Bale Y.E.S. Elementary After School STEAM Program - Our after school program offers a rich curriculum designed to enhance student achievement and provides enrichment activities. Students attend four days a week following the school day.
Uniforms: To ensure the safety of our students, Bale Elementary is a uniform school. School shirts must have a collar the color of white, navy or light blue. Pants, shorts, skirts, skorts or jumpers in the color of navy or khaki. Students are allowed to show their school pride on Fridays by wearing jeans and Bale Spirit shirts or favorite College shirt. During the winter seaseon, students may wear turtlenecks, sweatshirts, cardigans or pullover sweaters in navy or white along with any of the above combinations.
Partners in Education:
- AR Department of Human Services
- St. Luke United Methodist Church
- Second Presbyterian Church
- Centennial Bank - University Branch
- Bale Chevrolet-Honda
- River of Life Community Church
- St. Mark Baptist Church
- Junior Achievement
- UALR College of Business
- Iberia Bank
- Energy Savers and Consultants
- H & R Block - Colonel Glenn
- New Millennium Church
- UALR School of Education
Attendance, Schedule, Grades, Classwork & Report Cards
Home Access Center
Web tool web-based tool that allows parents/guardians to monitor your child's attendance, schedule, grades, and classwork. This includes access to interim progress and report cards. Requires an Internet connection.
Emergency School Closures
AMI - Inclement Weather Alternative Home Learning Activities