Inclement Weather Policy
Below is a listing of places you can check to see if LRSD schools will be closed due to inclement weather. LRSD works with other area districts in Central Arkansas to determine the safety of travel when bad weather arrives.
It is always the final determination of the parent to decide if it is safe to attend or remain at school.
- LRSD-TV Comcast Cable Channel 4 or AT&T U-verse channel 99
- LRSD Website http://www.lrsd.org
- ParentLink phone calls are sent to the home of each student registered in LRSD and each staff member as soon as a decision has been made.
- LRSD on Facebook and Twitter
- KARK Channel 4 http://arkansasmatters.com/content/schools/closings
- KATV Channel 7 http://www.katv.com
- KTHV Channel 11 http://www.todaysthv.com/weather/closings/default.aspx
- FOX Channel 16 http://www.fox16.com/schoolclosings/default.aspx
- ArkansasOnline.com (Arkansas Democrat-Gazette) http://www2.arkansasonline.com/closings
- KARN Radio http://www.karnnewsradio.com/
- KSSN Radio http://www.kssn.com/main.html
NOTE: If you do not see a notice specifically stating that LRSD schools are closed or delayed for a specific date, that means LRSD schools are open and operating on normal schedule.
If you are a transfer student from another district and you ride the bus to school, if your home district is closed but LRSD is open, your bus will not run. You are responsible for your own transportation to school.
Weather make-up days are added to the end of the school calendar year in accordance with the Profession Negotiated Agreement with teachers. Any exceptions to this agreement will have to be made between the teachers’ union and the LRSD administration on a year-to-year basis.