Start Your Future Now.
Real Work. Real World. Real Life Success.
Metro offers Career Pathways that align with high demand career fields and offer students hands-on learning experiences in industry-grade learning spaces:
- Test-Drive Careers
- Use Industry-Standard Tools
- Connect with and Learn from Industry Professionals
- Develop Professional Skills
- Compete in Student Regional, State, and National Competitions
- Plan a Path Forward
At Metro, students start their futures now and leave Metro with a plan. Metro instructors and guidance counselors work closely with students to help them determine their future goals. Metro partners with colleges, organizations, and employers to educate students about jobs, internships, apprenticeships, and post-secondary opportunities. Students can choose to go to work or to pursue further training and education.
Metro guides students to help them secure their path forward.
Advanced Professional Studies at the Metro campus offers +12 Career Pathways that connect students to high-demand careers in three areas. Learn more about each pathway by exploring the resources at bit.ly/learnplus12.
Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Photography & Design Makerspace (open to LRSD students only)
- Tech Makerspace (open to LRSD students only)
Health & Human Services
- Culinary Arts
- Criminal Justice
- Education and Training (open to LRSD students only)
- Fire and Emergency Medical
- Medical Professions
- Automation Industrial Technologies (starting 2022-23)
- Automotive Collision Repair
- Automotive Services
- Construction Trades
Who Can Attend Metro?
Metro Career Tech is an area career and technical center hosted by The Little Rock District. Metro Career Pathway programs are open to 10th - 12th-grade high school students who live within a 25-mile radius of the campus. This means any 10th-12th grader in Pulaski County can take advantage of the Career Pathway programs offered at Metro. This includes students at public, private, and charter schools and homeschool students.
What About Transportation?
Metro works with area school districts, who transport students to and from their schools. Schools bus students directly to and from their home school to the Metro campus. Students driving to campus must obtain a parking permit through Metro.
When Do Courses Meet?
Metro has AM and PM classes. Starting 2021-22, all Metro courses will follow the LRSD A/B block schedule, meeting every other day.
- AM Courses: 8:30-11:30
- PM Courses: 12:50-3:50
Ready to Join Metro?
Registration for the 2021-22 school year is open.
Take these steps now:
- Complete the online application.
- Talk to school counselor to schedule courses.
- Contact your school counselor, or contact Metro's guidance counselor (email: email@example.com).
7701 Scott Hamilton
Little Rock AR 72209
Principal: Brenda Allen
PTSA President: Allie Freeman III
Grade Levels: 10-12
History: Our school facility was built on its current site in 1964 as a comprehensive vocational high school. At this time, it was called Metropolitan High School. The school was originally located near 12th and Fair Park and was called Little Rock Tech High. In 1973, the school was converted to our State’s first area vocational center and re-named Metropolitan Vocational Center. In the 1980’s, the name was changed to Metropolitan Vocational Technical Center to showcase the many technical programs that were offered. Later, in the 90’s, the name was changed again, to Metropolitan Career-Technical Center, to reflect the change from vocational education to career and technical education.
Today, we serve students from any secondary school within a 25 mile radius or 30-minute commute. This includes the five LRSD high schools, the six PCSSD high schools, Bryant High School, the Arkansas School for the Blind and the Arkansas School for the Deaf. Additonally, we serve students from private, parochial, charter and home schools.
Uniforms not required. See student handbook for dress code.
Partners in Education:
- Arkansas College of Barbering
- Add-A-Curl Beauty Salon
- All About "U"
- Arkansas State Board of Cosmetology
- Bud's Graphics, Inc.
- Eastern College of Health Vocations
- Faith Beauty & Barber Salon & Supplies
- Genuine Auto Parts (NAPA)
- ITT Technical Institute
- J.A. Riggs Tractor Company
- Little Rock Police Department
- Nashville Auto-Diesel College
- Rally's Hamburgers/Papa John's Pizza
- Sally's Beauty Supply & Equipment
- Tammy Taylor Nails
- Thelma's Beauty Academy
- Remington College
- Arkansas Baptist College
- Cameron Corporation
- Landers' Chevrolet
- Heil Beauty Supply
- Gwatney Chevrolet
- Chenal Parkway Buick
- Burmax Manufacturers
- Arnold's, Inc.
- Little Rock Job Corps
- Silk Magnolia
- Pulaski Technical College
- Maverick Transportation
- Landers' Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge/Jeep
- Landers' Ford
- Landers' Toyota
- Parker Automotive Group
- North Point Ford
- North Point Nissan
- Emma Kelly Rhodes Education Center
- UAMS Center for Diversity Affairs