LRSD Professional Development
WELCOME TO PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Professional development supports the implementation of curriculum and instructional practices identified in the LRSD District Plan of Support. Continuous improvement is an integral part of each employee’s job responsibilities and expectations.
The mission of the Professional Development Department is to provide resources, programs, and supports that actively engage all members of the school community in continuous professional growth, designed to increase the success of all students. Through an environment of collegiality and collaboration, all employees will have opportunities to increase knowledge, improve performance, and enhance professional satisfaction.
Please do not hesitate to reach out!
We are here to provide support!
2022-23 Professional Development Updates
For the 2022-2023 school year the following 36 hours must be obtained by all licensed employees by May 31, 2023:
- 18 hours of professional development required pertaining to the educator’s professional growth plan (Requirements of TESS or LEADS)
- 10 hours of professional development (Educator’s Choice)
- 3 hours of Educational Technology
- 3 hours of SEL (Social Emotional Learning)
- A minimum of 2 hours of professional development in Parental Engagement
Dr. Ericka O'Neal McCarroll
Director of Professional Development and RTI
Office: (501) 447-1116
Mobile: (501) 539-2610