Student Conduct Expectations and Discipline Plan
During CARE, children are expected to be responsible for their own behavior by following behavior rules and respecting the rights and property of others.
Behavior rules for CARE children
- Follow directions of CARE aides.
- No cursing, teasing, threatening or bullying, hitting, fighting, kicking, biting, etc.
- Show respect to others and respect the rights and property of all students.
- Return all materials to their proper place.
- Keep hands, feet and objects to self.
- Children must stay in assigned CARE area.
- Terroristic threatening will be reported to proper authorities.
- Threatening bodily injury will not be tolerated and could result in dismissal.
Behaviors that will not be tolerated include extreme disobedience, biting, kicking, fighting, showing signs of aggression, rude and defiant behavior, bullying and threatening and any other inappropriate behavior. When children misbehave, consequences may include the following and can occur at anytime, not necessarily in this order, depending on the severity of the misbehavior. For most minor or non-threatening behavior, warnings and time out from activities will be used to encourage a child to calm down and reflect on his/her behavior. Additional consequences will be used for more severe misbehavior.
- Time out/ Loss of recreational or play privilege.
- Behavior documents.
- Parent conference with site staff.
- Parent conference with a CARE supervisor in person or by telephone.
- Child will be sent home. Parents will be called at the time of the misbehavior and asked to pick up the child immediately.
- Short term suspension, 1-3 days. Refunds will not be given for these days.
- Long term suspension 1-5 or 1-10 days. Refunds will not be given for these days.
- Expulsion from Program.
Note: Corporal punishment (paddling) will not be used in disciplining children in the CARE Program.
Parental help will be requested for behavior problems that cannot be solved by time-out. We reserve the right to suspend a child for 1 to 10 days or expel a child permanently from the program, after appropriate efforts to correct the behavior problems have been made and the child is still unable to conform to the required behavior.
Severe Clause: Immediate suspension or expulsion from the CARE program may occur at any time a student threatens violence, is involved in fighting, causes physical injury or bullies other children, is severely disruptive or endangers the safety of others or any other behavior considered inappropriate. Additional similar behaviors include but are not limited to aggression, rude and defiant behavior, temper tantrums, and biting. The student will be immediately suspended or expelled from the CARE Program, pending a parent conference. Bullying, threatening violent acts, disruptive and or violent behavior will not be tolerated. *In extreme circumstances, it may be necessary to inform the Department of Human Services, Little Rock School District Safety and Security and the Little Rock Police.
SCHOOL:______________________ ____ ____________________________________
Child or Children’s Name (Please Print)
Parent Signature Date
White Copy – Parent Yellow Copy – CARE site