Pulaski Heights Elementary School/Home Learning Compact
Our mission at Pulaski Heights Elementary School is to educate all children so they will become contributing members of society. The staff, faculty, parents and community will provide a nurturing environment that will enhance opportunities for students to become proficient in literacy and mathematics while utilizing technology.
Parent/Student/Teacher/Principal Compact Parent/Guardian Agreement
(Any person who is interested in helping this student may sign in lieu of the parent.) I want my child to succeed. Therefore, I will encourage him/her by doing the following:
____ See that my child is punctual and attends school regularly.
____ Support the school discipline policy.
____ Establish a time for homework and review homework regularly.
____ Provide a quiet, well lighted place for study.
____ Encourage my child’s efforts and be available for questions.
____ Stay aware of what my child is learning.
____ Provide a library card for my child.
____ Read with my child and let my child see me read.
It is important that I work to the best of my ability. Therefore, I shall strive to do the following:
- Attend school regularly.
- Come to school each day with pens, pencils, paper and other necessary tools for learning. v Complete and return homework assignments.
- Observe regular study hours.
- Conform to rules of student conduct.
It is important that students achieve. Therefore I shall strive to do the following:
- Provide appropriate and meaningful homework assignments for students.
- Provide necessary assistance to parents so that they can help with the assignments.
- Encourage students and parents by providing information about student progress.
- Use special activities in the classroom to make learning enjoyable.
I support this form of parent involvement. Therefore, I shall strive to do the following:
- Provide an environment that allows for positive communication between the teachers, parents and students. v Ensure teachers homework assignments that will reinforce classroom instruction regularly.
- Ensure high-quality curriculum and instruction that meets the State’s student academic achievement standards v Engage parents in parent-teacher conferences in which this compact will be discussed.
- Ensure that parents receive frequent reports on their child’s progress. v Ensure parental access to staff to support partnerships.
- Provide parents opportunities to volunteer and observe classroom activities.