We proactively foster clear, cohesive and meaningful two-way communication through a variety of channels: reaching students, parents, staff, board members and other community stakeholders.
Our Strategic Priorities for 2015-2020
- Improving ongoing communication about the District
- Making LRSD schools a place where all people are welcome
- Fostering relationships for promoting positive messages about LRSD
- Enhancing methods of communication
- Spotlighting the diversity of programs offered by LRSD that provide a rich environment in which students can thrive and have their needs met
- Determining methods and best practices for obtaining feedback
- Making parents and other stakeholders feel as though they are valued participants in the educational process
- Creating new website and logo to promote consistency in branding and enhancing marketing efforts
Communications and Customer Service
LRSD is committed to conveying information in a thoughtful, clear, and concise method through multiple channels. Communications affects all areas of the educational process and is accomplished through many forms: parent-teacher interaction; presentations to local community groups; training of
staff, interaction with media; posting of information on district website; and use of social media. The intent of effective communication is to achieve understanding through clear and concise sharing of information, responsiveness to feedback from stakeholders, and outstanding customer service. Each
person who comes into contact with the school district is a target audience, including but not limited to: students, parents, staff, Board members, residents, media, elected officials, civic groups and alumni. All employees must strive to interact with our stakeholders in a positive manner. Improved
communications and customer service create a welcoming atmosphere that promotes ongoing opportunities for developing and maintaining partnerships. LRSD is committed to responding to concerns and inquiries in a positive, professional, and respectful manner.