Adult Education FAQs
Who may enroll?
Any adult 18 years or older who is not enrolled in a public K-12 school may attend. Under special circumstances, persons 16 or 17 years of age may be enrolled in adult education/GED preparation classes in accordance with Arkansas Act 1659 of 2001 and Act 604 of 2003.
What is the cost?
There is NO COST for the classes. Our adult education, GED preparation, and English as a Second Language classes are free and books are provided for classroom usage.
What classes are offered?
- Adult Basic Education (ABE) – ABE classes are for students needing to improve basic reading, math, and language skills.
- Adult Secondary Education (ASE) – ASE classes are for students preparing for the official GED® test in order to earn an Arkansas High School Diploma.
- These classes are also open to adults who desire to strengthen their math and writing skills for post-secondary education and/or job training.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) – ESL classes are for adults whose first language is not English. The ESL classes focus on skills needed to develop the students’ English language communication skills based on the principles of second language acquisition. Instructional practices target learning English in the four language acquisition areas of hearing (understanding), speaking, reading and writing English.
- Computer-Assisted Instruction – Students enrolled in ABE, ASE, or ESL classes may supplement their instruction with our computer-assisted instruction classes. Computer-assisted instruction utilizes various educational software and websites such as Rosetta Stone, Khan Academy, and Teknimedia.
Note: All classes are taught by certified teachers. An individualized learning plan is developed for each student. Students work at their own pace in order to achieve academic success.
Where are the classes held?
Classes are held at our main center at 4800 West 26th Street in Little Rock and at various sites within the Little Rock area. Please contact us at (501) 447-1850 for more information regarding current class locations.
When are classes offered?
Classes are offered throughout the calendar year. During the traditional academic school year (August – May), classes are offered both day and evening. Please contact us at (501) 447-1850 for more information regarding current class hours.
How can I enroll in Adult Education classes?
Enrollment in Adult Education is open enrollment and open exit. Interested students may enroll at any time during the year. The registration process consists of a short student intake form and completion of an appropriate entrance assessment. Interested students should call us at (501) 447-1850 for more information regarding registration and testing hours.
Are GED testing services offered?
We are a Pearson Vue approved GED® Testing Center. We offer GED™ Ready and Official GED® testing weekly at our main center at 4800 West 26th Street and by appointment only. For more information regarding GED testing at our site, please contact us at (501) 447-1850.
Where can I obtain a copy of my GED® Transcript?
For information on how to request an official transcript or diploma, follow this link: