Welcome to LRSD Gifted Programs
Interested in referring a student for service? Use this LINK to place a referral.
Anyone can refer a student for support services provided by LRSD Gifted Programs. If you know of a student that is excelling academically and in need of support beyond the traditional curriculum, please submit a referral today!
Have a student in our program? We value your input. Please share your thoughts and suggestions with us to assist in improving support to students- select your link below to complete a short survey:
Missed our BACK To SCHOOL GT ZOOM NIGHT? View it Here!
Need more information? Check out the program brochures and information linked below:
The Little Rock School District's Gifted and Talented Program provides an educational environment for identified GT students that allows them to develop intellectually, socially, and emotionally. Program options are provided for students in grades K-12.
How is Gifted and Talented Defined? "Arkansas' defines gifted and talented youth as those who possess high potential or ability whose learning characteristics and educational needs require qualitatively differentiated educational experiences and/or services. Possession of these talents and gifts, or the potential for their development, will be evidenced through and interaction of above average academic ability, task commitment/and or motivation, and creative ability."
All types of gifted students from all cultures and economic backgrounds, regardless of race, sex, or creed, who have demonstrated a need for specialized services, will be offered a qualitatively differentiated curriculum.
The following resources are provided for further information about gifted education and the services provided by the LRSD:
- Program Brochure Updated January 2021
- Program Brochure (Espanol)
- Informational Community Meeting
- LRSD Advanced Academics/Advanced Placement Webpage
- Pre-Advanced and Advanced Placement
- Pre-Advanced and Advanced Placement (Espanol)
- How will gifted program services benefit my student?
- Advanced Placement Overview - Click to learn more about what AP offers!
- Arkansans for Gifted and Talented Education AGATE
- National Association for Gifted Children NAGC
- Hoagies' Gifted Education Page
- SENG- Social Emotional Needs of the Gifted
Program News and Information:
1. LRSD CHESS Click Here for LRSD Chess Club Page Check back for more information concerning tournaments for the 2021-22 school year-we will share virtual options as they become available.
2. LRSD GT Staff Member Honored at 2021 AGATE Conference:
Rhonda Adams, Gibbs International Studies Magnet G/T Specialist was honored as the recipient of the AGATE Educator Award as part of the annual AGATE conference in February.
3.LRSD Gifted Programs Named Outstanding Program
LRSD Gifted Programs was recognized at the 2019 AGATE Conference by the Governor's Advisory Council for Gifted and Talented Education as an ACT 56 Outstanding Program. Each year, 3 programs in Arkansas are recognized, LRSD Gifted Programs received the award for districts of 3,000 or more students. LRSD will be able to apply for this honor again in 2022.
LRSD ACT 56 Award Presentation L-R: Dr. Sadie Mitchell, LRSD Deputy Superintendent of Elementary Schools; Romona Cheneval, LRSD Director of Gifted Programs K-12; Krystal Nail, ADE Director of Gifted and Talented and Advanced Placement; Jennifer Thomas, LRSD Secondary Coordinator; and Mr. Marvin Burton, LRSD Deputy Superintendent of Secondary Schools.
Follow us on Facebook- LRSD Gifted Programs
Follow us on Twitter- LRSD Gifted Programs @GiftedLrsd
For more information contact:
Romona Cheneval, Director K-12
Jennifer Thomas, Secondary Specialist