Welcome to LRSD Gifted Programs
Interested in referring a student for program support? Use this LINK.
Anyone can refer a student for support.
We value your opinion! Complete our 22-23 Program Survey
Your input will be used to set goals for next year's program. We appreciate your suggestions and feedback!
GT Zoom Night Presentation-Fall 2022
Recording of GT Zoom Night- Fall 2022
Need more information? Check out the program brochures and information linked below:
The Little Rock School District's Gifted and Talented Program provides an educational environment for identified GT students that allows them to develop intellectually, socially, and emotionally. Program options are provided for students in grades K-12.
How is Gifted and Talented Defined? "Arkansas' defines gifted and talented youth as those who possess high potential or ability whose learning characteristics and educational needs require qualitatively differentiated educational experiences and/or services. Possession of these talents and gifts, or the potential for their development, will be evidenced through and interaction of above average academic ability, task commitment/and or motivation, and creative ability."
All types of gifted students from all cultures and economic backgrounds, regardless of race, sex, or creed, who have demonstrated a need for specialized services, will be offered a qualitatively differentiated curriculum.
The following resources are provided for further information about gifted education and the services provided by the LRSD:
- Program Information Rack Card
- Program Information Rack Card (Espanol)
- Program Overview- Definitions, Placement Process, Program Services/Support
- LRSD Advanced Academics/Advanced Placement Webpage
- LRSD Advanced Academics Secondary Options Rack Card
- LRSD Advanced Academics Secondary Options Rack Card (Espanol)
- Advanced Placement Overview - Click to learn more about what AP offers!
- Arkansans for Gifted and Talented Education AGATE
- National Association for Gifted Children NAGC
- Characteristics of Giftedness
- Hoagies' Gifted Education Page
- SENG- Social Emotional Needs of the Gifted
1. NEW!!!- Destination Imagination Fund Raising Link- Please join us in supporting Destination Imagination Teams as they plan for participation in the DI Global Tournament in May. Teams have begun planning their entries in the Arkansas State Destination Imagination Tournament- 1st Place teams will advance to the Global Tournament. Your tax deductible contribution will go to support students with lodging, entry fees, meals, and travel expenses. Thank you in advance for supporting our students!!! Scan the QR Below to make a donation or follow this link: Destination Imagination Donation Link
2. LRSD GT Staff Members Honored at 2022 AGATE Conference:
Jason Finney, Forest Park GT Specialist, was honored with the GT Educator Award at the February 2022 conference! We are so proud of Mr. Finney and his support at Forest Park!
Mrs. Jennifer Thomas- Dunbar GT Specialists and Secondary Lead Teacher for the Advanced Academics Department was the recipient the AGATE Challenger AWARD for her work in supporting AGATE through her role as the Enrichment Coordinator. Mrs. Thomas worked with AGATE President, Dustin Seaton, to plan and host numerous AGATE Webinars during the 2020-21 and 2021-22 school years- keeping Arkansas GT professionals connected and supported!!!!
3.LRSD Gifted Programs Named Outstanding Program
LRSD Gifted Programs was recognized at the 2019 AGATE Conference by the Governor's Advisory Council for Gifted and Talented Education as an ACT 56 Outstanding Program. Each year, 3 programs in Arkansas are recognized, LRSD Gifted Programs received the award for districts of 3,000 or more students. LRSD will be able to apply for this honor again in 2024.
LRSD ACT 56 Award Presentation L-R: Dr. Sadie Mitchell, LRSD Deputy Superintendent of Elementary Schools; Romona Cheneval, LRSD Director of Gifted Programs K-12; Krystal Nail, ADE Director of Gifted and Talented and Advanced Placement; Jennifer Thomas, LRSD Secondary Coordinator; and Mr. Marvin Burton, LRSD Deputy Superintendent of Secondary Schools.
Follow us on Facebook- LRSD Gifted Programs
Follow us on Twitter- LRSD Gifted Programs @GiftedLrsd
For more information contact:
Romona Cheneval, Director K-12
Jennifer Thomas, Secondary Lead Facilitator
Neva Johnson- Administrative Assistant/Bookeeper
Office Phone: (501) 447-3390
Office Fax: (501) 447-3391
E-mails: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to SPARK 23!!!!
Location: McDermott Elementary
This year's program theme: WONDER23