Early Childhood Education
The Early Childhood Office accepts all applications for LRSD Pre-K. The office is located in the Geyer Springs Early Childhood Center, 5240 Mabelvale Pike.
To visit our office, drive to the back of the building off 51st Street. This is a separate entrance from the school.
The goal of the LRSD Early Childhood program is to offer quality early childhood education opportunities for preschool children in the district through a school-based setting. Having access to nurturing, supportive educational experiences will prepare the children to enter kindergarten with the necessary cognitive, physical, social, emotional and early language and literacy skills for success in school.
To enroll in the four-year-old prekindergarten program for the upcoming school year, a child must be four (4) years of age on or before August 1. A child who is five (5) years of age on or before August 1 is eligible for kindergarten; thus, is not eligible for the Pre-Kindergarten program. These are the requirements established by the Division of Child and Early Childhood Education for enrollment in Pre-Kindergarten.
Little Rock School District currently has programs for three-year-old children at Rockefeller, Chicot, Geyer Springs ECC and Carver. Children must be three (3) years of age on or before August 1. Students who wish to attend the LRSD 3-year-old program must meet income eligibility guidelines. Three year old children are served at Geyer Springs ECC, Carver, Chicot and Rockefeller.
Will your child be 3 or 4 years old ON OR BEFORE August 1st? If so, your child may be eligible to attend LRSD Pre-Kindergarten.
Visit the Student Registration Website for additional information. Click here to visit Student Registration.
In order for a child to apply for the LRSD Pre-Kindergarten program, families must provide the following documents:
- Pupil Information Form
- LRSD Pre-K Application
- Original Birth Certificate
- Social Security Number
- Proof of Residency (2 forms required)
- Proof of Income (for legal guardians in the home)
Acceptable proof of earned income includes:
- Paycheck stubs (dated within the last 30 days showing at least 30 days of income)
- Current W-2 statement
- Copy of Free and Reduced Lunch Form
- Letter from employer stating income amount and how often paid
- Unemployment benefits notice and payment schedule
Parents or guardians claiming zero earned income may provide a notarized statement signed by the parent/guardian attesting to the fact that there is no earned income.
We provide free notary services.
Student Assignment notification occurs in the spring.
At check-in at the school site in August, the following documents are required:
- Completed Health Form (Physical)
- Immunization Record (with all required immunizations completed)
- Emergency information with contact and medical information
- Parental authorization for medical care
- Information form designating persons allowed to pick up child from school
- Notarized custody declaration (if applicable)