Certified Applicant Information
- REFERENCES - Three (3) professional references are required. Please include their email address so the reference form can be emailed to them. A REFERENCE FROM ALL FORMER PRINCIPALS ARE MANDATORY. Other supervisors' reference forms are acceptable. Placement Center recommendations are acceptable for new college/university graduates.
- LICENSURE - A copy of a valid Arkansas Educator's License or proof of application for such licensure is required. Teachers who have passed an accredited teacher examination in another state may qualify for licensure through reciprocity (if you have not taken the exam, you may submit an application to the Arkansas Department of Education, Little Rock, Arkansas, 72201, phone 501-682-4475). http://www.arkansased.org/
- PRAXIS SCORES - All applicants must submit scores from the Praxis I and II examinations with the online application.
- SOCIAL SECURITY CARD must be presented when hired. Your number on this card is vital to assure that all information concerning your records is kept in order at all times.
- COVER LETTER
- INTERVIEWS - There are usually two interviews, sometimes more. The first screening interview is generally conducted by the Recruiting Specialist, or the Director of Human Resources, or a team of administrators. The second interview is done by the site supervisor or principal. Applicants must complete a very rigorous selection process. Therefore, every applicant is not guaranteed an interview.
Upon submission of the online application and all required documents, applicants may request an initial screening interview by contacting Denise Nunnley by email firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 501-447-1101. The Human Resources screening is not for a specific site. The Human Resources Department welcomes all correspondence throughout the year.
If you have any questions regarding available positions, please contact Robert Robinson (Director of Recruitment and Equal Employment Opportunity) or Renee Kovach (Director of Certified Staff). Also, other staff members in the Human Resources Department (501-447-1100) are available to assist you.
It is the policy of the Little Rock School District not to discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, or disability in its educational programs, activities, or employment practices. Concerns may be addressed to the Lead Director of Human Resources.