Welcome to LRSD Gifted Programs
Welcome to the LRSD Gifted Programs webpage!!!!
We value your input for improving the support and programming we provide for students! Please take a moment to complete a short survey about your perceptions of LRSD's Gifted Programming for the 2019-2020 school year:
We wish all of our students and families the best! May each of you have a wonderful summer 2020 vacation!!!!
The Little Rock School District's Gifted and Talented Program provides an educational environment for identified GT students that allows them to develop intellectually, socially, and emotionally.
Outstanding achievement or the potential for outstanding achievement of each student is evidenced through an interaction of above average intellectual ability, task commitment, and creative ability.
All types of gifted students from all cultures and economic backgrounds, regardless of race, sex, or creed, who have demonstrated a need for specialized services, will be offered a qualitatively differentiated curriculum.
The following resources are provided for further information about gifted education and the services provided by the LRSD:
- Program Brochure 19-20
- Program Brochure (Espanol)
- Informational Community Meeting
- Pre-Advanced and Advanced Placement
- Pre-Advanced and Advanced Placement (Espanol)
- How will gifted program services benefit my student?
- Advanced Placement Overview - Click to learn more about what AP offers!
- Arkansans for Gifted and Talented Education AGATE
- National Association for Gifted Children NAGC
- Hoagies' Gifted Education Page
- Duke Talent Identification Program
- SENG- Social Emotional Needs of the Gifted
Program News and Information:
1. NEW***News Release- SPARK 2020- rescheduled for July 8-30th
SPARK GT Summer Learning Academy is now a VIRTUAL Academy! See the news release and program flyer posted on the right side of our page.
2. LRSD CHESS Click Here for LRSD Chess Club Page All Chess tournaments for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year have been cancelled.
3. Three LRSD Gifted Programs Staff Honored
Three LRSD Gifted Programs staff members were honored at the 2020 AGATE Conference. Terri Cross, GT Specialist- Jefferson Elementary recieved an AGATE scholarship, Margaret Wang, GT Specialist- Otter Creek Elementary received an AGATE Educator Award, and Romona Cheneval- GT Director was honored with the AGATE Challenger Award.
Terri Cross- Scholarship Recipient Margaret Wang- Educator Award Recipient
Jennifer Thomas- AGATE Scholarship Chair Dr. Christine Deitz- AGATE President
Romona Cheneval- AGATE Challenger Award Recipient
Dr. Christine Deitz- AGATE President
4.LRSD Gifted Programs Named Outstanding Program
LRSD Gifted Programs was recognized at the 2019 AGATE Conference by the Governor's Advisory Council for Gifted and Talented Education as an ACT 56 Outstanding Program. Each year, 3 programs in Arkansas are recognized, LRSD Gifted Programs received the award for districts of 3,000 or more students.
LRSD ACT 56 Award Presentation L-R: Dr. Sadie Mitchell, LRSD Deputy Superintendent of Elementary Schools; Romona Cheneval, LRSD Director of Gifted Programs K-12; Krystal Nail, ADE Director of Gifted and Talented and Advanced Placement; Jennifer Thomas, LRSD Secondary Coordinator; and Mr. Marvin Burton, LRSD Deputy Superintendent of Secondary Schools.
Follow us on Facebook- LRSD Gifted Programs
Follow us on Twitter- LRSD Gifted Programs @GiftedLrsd
For more information, you may contact GT office personnel.
Romona Cheneval, Director K-12
Jennifer Thomas, Secondary Specialist